Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day Trip to Balboa

Why didn’t I post yesterday?  Well…I ate horribly and was too ashamed to show my face in the bloggy world.  I realized this morning that this is what the blog is for…not only to show how well I am doing, but keep me accountable when I fall.  That said….

For breakfast yesterday I made a huge smoothie with spinach.  Again, I used my favorite mix of banana, kiwi, peaches, mango, OJ, kefir, spinach & ice (from now on “My Fave”).   I drank it out of a AM/PM Pepsi cup, so there is really no good picture. 

A couple hours later, I drank and Inko’s White Tea (yum!) with a Chocolate Brownie Pure Bar.  I’ve only seen two flavors of Pure Bars in the stores…I wish I could find more!!

IMG_1740

Before I worked out with my trainer at the gym I ate PB & Agave on a Sandwich Thin.  I was in the break room and didn’t have my camera.  I told my trainer that I was exhausted so he didn’t have to kill me, so of course he did!  I am sooo sore today.  It was my last session with him since I am leaving the club and he gave me an awesome workout to do on my own.

After my workout, the kiddies and I headed to Balboa park to meet Gigi (my mom), Sarah (my sister-in-law) and my nephews, Asher & Ari.  On the way, we stopped at McD’s.  Boo, Mommy!  I think I got the best option…Grilled Chicken Sandwich with no mayo and a Diet Coke.          

IMG_1742

Asher & Kaitlyn had a lot of fun at the park, but Ryan was screaming that his left side hurt.  I think the cup of my smoothie he drank for breakfast gave him tummy problems.  He actually fell asleep in K’s stroller.        

IMG_1745 IMG_1777 IMG_1759 IMG_1782 IMG_1811

He started to feel better when we walked around Balboa and really felt better when we got to the ginormous water fountain that he and Asher got to play in.  

IMG_1891 IMG_1912 IMG_1939

It was a nice day and we got home just in time for bedtime.  Oh, I almost forgot the worst food of the day.  It was so late and I hadn’t planned for dinner.  We needed gas, so we stopped at AM/PM and everyone got dinner.   I had 1/2 pizza.  Badder Mommy! 

IMG_1945

  Here’s to hoping for a better foodie day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment