Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Day Behind…

This is yesterday’s happenings.  I was just so tired last night and couldn’t get in the mood all day today.

For breakfast, I had My Fave smoothie (in Pepsi cup again, so no pic) and a couple hours later an Apple Pie Larabar.  This was the first time I have tasted this flav and it was yum yum! 

IMG_1960

I was inspired by Gena, Choosing Raw, to make a Blended Salad.  I was a teensy bit afraid of the idea, so I started with a gazpacho base and then added a few “salad” ingredients.  Don’t ask me what was in it!  I will try again and keep track.  I also had some grilled tilapia with lime.

 IMG_1970 IMG_1971

For a snack later, I tried TJ’s Pom Greek Yogurt.  Not my fave.

IMG_1973 

I have never ever tried an Amy’s frozen dinner (please don’t shoot!).  When we took a trip to Target, I decided to grab one for dinner.  It was delish!

IMG_1977

When I made my Blended Salad, I realized that I had a ton on basil that needed to be used like now.  I don’t think I have ever bought pine nuts,  so I decided to try making pesto using almonds.  It was okay, but nothing “wow”.  I actually used it today to make a salad dressing (more tomorrow), which was amazing but as a pesto it’s not fantastic.

IMG_1975

This was a food heavy post.  I really tried to eat well today, so that is what my focus was on.  Besides, the boys I watch were over, so besides cleaning and solving fights over video games I didn’t do much.  I am going to go clean up the kitchen after being taken over by gnats, take a shower and head to bed!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment